Mildew resistant paint will help to prevent the growth of mould and mildew on the moist surface of your home. If mildew or mould covers your house wall, the wall may turn gray or black in colour. It is worth noting here that the cleaning ore removal of mould from your walls is very costly, especially if you get a professional to do it. Besides, cleaning the wall yourself is a daunting task that can wear you down.
Aside from growing on moist surfaces such as in the bathroom, mould and mildew may also grow on furniture and outdoor wooden surfaces or concrete floors. Therefore, it is important to treat exterior surfaces as well as furniture in a bid to prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
These days, many companies offer a broad variety of these paints. Additionally, the paints come in different colours. When buying, go for those paints that have one to two years of guarantee. Use the guidelines given on the product to apply the paint. Also, find out whether the paint can be washed with ease and the procedure involved.
How to Use the Paint
To remove the mould and mildew, you should first use a chlorine solution, or another suitable cleaning agent, to clean the affected surface. You should use a brush with soft bristles for the removal of mould and mildew. Scrub the surface and then rinse it well with clean water. Let the surface dry completely before applying the paint.
For effective protection, you can use a mildew resistant undercoat prior to adding on the paint. You may also add an additive to the paint just to make it more effective. In some situations, you may need to apply 2 or 3 coats for the paint to stick effectively though a single coat works in most cases. Remember to apply the paint on a clean surface.